Thursday, February 9, 2023

What is the worst that could happen?

Growing up, my parents' mantra was always, "What's the worst that could happen?" It's a philosophy I now live by. This phrase is often used to encourage taking risks, emphasizing that the potential negative outcomes are not as severe as they may seem. As a child, I was hesitant to make phone calls or enter convenience stores alone, but my parents urged me to overcome my fears and become more independent. As I grew older, I embraced their mindset. When I discovered my passion for photography, I was gripped by fear. I was content to blend into the background, avoiding the spotlight. But seeing other photographers' work left me envious and frustrated. My photographer friends urged me to take action, telling me to "just get out there." Despite my initial reluctance, I eventually mustered the courage to confront my fears, reminding myself, "What's the worst that could happen?" With each night spent photographing bands, I pushed past my insecurities. Now, I'm proudly contributing to Buddy Magazine, one of Dallas's premier music publications, and submitting photo press applications to LiveNation. Today, I encourage my shy friends to adopt the same mentality, reminding them that the potential risks are often outweighed by the rewards of stepping out of their comfort zones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Neighborhood Friends

 The memories of my childhood neighborhood and the friends I grew up with are etched deeply in my heart. Among them, five of us formed an in...